A healthy sweet snack of popcorn with SWEET-SWITCH® chocolate. Part dessert, part snack – completely delicious!
Ingredients (for 3 people)
- 30 ml oil (use an oil with a high smoke point such as corn oil or peanut oil)
- 120 grams of SWEET-SWITCH® 70% Dark Chocolate
- 80 grams of popcorn kernels
- Optional, a pinch of sea salt
Let's get baking!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Put 3 popcorn kernels into the oil and cover the pan. When the kernels pop, add the remaining 80 grams of popcorn kernels in an even layer and cover with the lid.
- Gently shake the pot over the heat source to prevent the kernels from burning. Once the kernels start popping, you can leave the lid slightly ajar to allow some steam to escape. Shake the pan occasionally until most of the kernels have popped, and the popping has slowed to several seconds between pops.
- Remove the lid and carefully pour the popcorn onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure no unpopped kernels make their way onto the baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Drizzle the popcorn with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with some sea salt. Toss the popcorn to distribute the chocolate.
- Allow the popcorn to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes for the chocolate to firm up. You can also quickly pop it in the fridge to speed up the process.
Enjoy your chocolate popcorn!
Note: looking for a delicious twist? Try this recipe with one of our other chocolates! For example, the Milk & Salted Caramel for a sweeter taste or the Dark & Raspberry for a fruity twist. Want to make it more fun? Add some Confetti into the mixture before letting it cool down.
You may also like