Chocolate banana bread
Chocolate and nuts are a fantastic combination. They also do very well in banana bread.
Ingredients (for 1 banana bread)
- 3 ripe bananas (300 - 350 grams)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla-extract
- 100 grams SWEET-SWITCH® 90% Dark Chocolate
- 250 grams flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 25 grams of chopped nuts (we used walnuts, but you can also try it with hazelnuts or pecans)
Let's get cooking!
- Preheat the oven on 180°C.
- Mash the bananas into a paste. Add the eggs, one at a time, along with the vanilla extract.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Add the flour, chocolate, baking powder and salt. Mix this into the batter until completely incorporated. Add the nuts and spat them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured (or lined with baking paper) cake tin. Spread the batter evenly in the mold.
- Sprinkle additional pieces of hazelnut and some extra chopped chocolate over the banana bread.
- Bake the banana bread for 40-45 minutes at 180°C degrees until done.
Enjoy your delicious banana bread!
You may also like