keto proof babka
by Kévin Degache - @keke_keto
- 1 egg
- 280 grams of grated mozzarella
- 140 grams of almond powder
- 1/2 bag of baker’s yeast
- 2 tablespoons of erythritol
- SWEET-SWITCH® Hazelnut Spread
- Nuts of your choice (optional)
Let’s get started!
- Prepare a Fathead dough.
- Melt the grated mozzarella on low heat.
- Once melted, remove from the stove, add the egg and beat until fully incorporated.
- Mix the almond powder, yeast and erythritol and add to the mozzarella-egg mixture.
- Start mixing with a spatula and finish by hand (2 to 3 minutes) until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Leave the dough to rest for +/- one hour.
- Roll out this dough thinly into two large rectangles and spread the SWEET-SWITCH® Hazelnut Spread on each rectangle.
- Sprinkle with crushed nuts of your choice, keeping some to decorate the top of each babka.
- Roll up lengthwise and cut in half (so you can see the layers).
- Then cut each piece in half lengthwise.
You should have 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a snail, with the visible layer facing up.
- Add the rest of your nuts on top.
- Bake at 180° for 20 to 25 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- The outside should be cooked through, but the core should remain only slightly coloured.
- Let each babka cool down before you start to eat.